Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pre-storm Times


I just have to say -- my daughter is SO cute! She's starting to crawl now, but doesn't quite have it figured out, so she scoots on her belly and uses her toes to push herself along. And she's discovered the joy and satisfaction that comes from the sound of paper tearing. My poor husband's Russian papers from college have been sacrificed unwillingly to her plight, as have a few Ensigns.


Today is the last Thursday before school starts back up again. I've received most of my books, and in an attempt to get ahead a little before the crazy storm starts up, I've started reading a few chapters here and there. The way I'm able to do school work now is quite a bit different from the way I was able to do it a few years ago. For one, it has to mold itself around other schedules, such as my daughter's feeding times, doctor's appointments, and her "awake" times. Nap time is the best time to do schoolwork for me. I'm also so lucky to have such a wonderful, supportive husband. When he gets home, he's able to take the baby and give me a few more hours of study time. He's looking forward to some more daddy-daughter time. I'm looking forward to more quiet time.


I'm excited to be able to start learning again. I didn't realize how much I would miss learning new things.

No comments: