Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Post-Break Blahs

Now that Spring Break is over, panic mode is setting in. We only have about five weeks left of school! Holy crap, I've got a lot to catch up on!

We are now looking for someone to take over my post next year. I've got mixed feelings about the whole process. I know that the center needs someone new, someone with different views and different skills. I think the center needs someone who can better reach out to our students and who can transform the position to something that better fits the needs of our students. At the same time, I'm a bit sad to be leaving the position. It has been a very good year full of growing experiences for myself and the center, and it will be hard to stop doing those things which the position demanded, like keeping office hours and meeting students and talking with them during those hours. I won't, however, miss trying to find a babysitter in the middle of the day or putting off time with my daughter because I have so many things that I need to do. So mixed feelings all around. If you want to apply for this position, please feel free to contact me, and I can get you all the information you need!

I am excited for the end of the semester in terms of ending the loads of homework. I'm looking forward to tending a garden, and our first family vacation to Disneyland. Summer will be a good break for me.

1 comment:

Cathy L said...

Hello? Anyone there?