Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring Break Fever

WOW! Next week is Spring Break! I'll be glad for the opportunity to get caught up in my classes because I've unfortunately fallen behind in a few things. And, of course, Spring Break promises some sun-soaking opportunities, I hope. Picnic lunches, walks outside, etc.

Speaking of walking, my daughter learned to walk this week! We were so excited because she wasn't even really showing any signs of even wanting to walk until one day while we were outside and the neighbor kids were playing and running around on the grass. My daughter never liked to leave the patio behind our apartment because she hates the feel of grass and would have to crawl on the grass if she wanted to leave the patio. The next day, she decided that it was about time that she started walking so she could play with the kids outside. She still needs to hold someone's hand while she walks around, but she's doing it! It's fun to watch her discover all of the things out in the world like twigs, blades of grass, leaves, and pine cones.

Next week is our CEU-USU activity! It's going to be a BLAST! We've got pizza and veggie trays for all, and the kids will be able to have a story corner and a movie. The adults will be watching "Arsenic and Old Lace." It was hard to find, but I finally found and ordered a copy. I hope we'll have a good turnout!

No comments: