Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fall Colors

Fall has been heralded in with the coming of a new president! New changes and new seasons await, and we all hope that neither one gets too icy!

We're 3/4 the way through the semester, and it always seems that the last 6 weeks go by pretty fast, but the seasonal holidays seem to stunt the motivations for homework. Now is the time to make sure you're buckled down and not getting lax.

My mother and grandmother are going to California next week. I wanted to go with them (they're visiting an aunt there), but couldn't afford the academic price. There's no way I would be able to keep up with the required homework for that week. Oh, well. Maybe next time.

It's been getting colder and colder. I'm glad I'm in Price this year rather than Logan (no offense, Loganites!), as it's a lot warmer here. I recently got word that the North has a few feet of snow, while we've still got temperatures in the 50's with no snow, but a bit of chilly wind.

I haven't even thought about the November activity... I should get working on that. I've found that combining USU activities with the more popular community activities works a lot better than doing activities alone. FYI. We had a pretty good turnout at the October activity, but it was geared more towards those students with small children, and I'd like to have more activities which are friendly to all age groups.

I've finished a resource list of scholarship opportunities for the Price students. I'm really hoping it will help students to be able to find scholarships and school funding a little easier. I know I'll be taking advantage of some of these resources; I hope others will, too.

No comments: