Friday, January 30, 2009

FUMBLE!

WOW! January seems to have flown by! This weekend will begin February, whether I'm ready or not!

A lot of progress has been made with the activity in combination with CEU. However, because of scheduling difficulties, the activity will be in March instead of February. It's going to be awesome! We are going to have CEU nontraditional students and all USU-Price students come for a dinner-and-a-movie night at the CEU student center. We have been able to figure out the volunteer babysitting issues so that parents can come and not have to worry about getting a babysitter for their kids. How it's going to work is that the families can come and drop their kids off at one place, where the kids will be able to have dinner and have a few fun stations for entertainment, including a story corner, cookie decorating corner, and a movie corner. Meanwhile, in another room, the adults will be able to have a nice date night. We are planning a nice sit-down dinner, and later a movie projected up on a screen. It will be held during spring break because nontraditional students don't really get to have a spring break, what with their jobs and families and such, so we're thinking of doing a "can't go to Hawaii? Let us bring Hawaii to you!" sort of theme. We'll see if the idea sticks!

It has been BUSY these past few weeks! I haven't even been able to sit down and have free time with all that has been going on! I only have this semester and next before I can graduate, so the workload is quite heavy. Until last weekend, I had no idea that two history books could be read and an analysis essay written in the course of three days! Go figure! And it didn't stop there! Luckily, I think I can see a bit of a letup come next week or the following week.

This week has been interesting in terms of recruitment efforts! On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week I had a recruitment table set up during the busiest 2 hours of the day in the student center on the CEU campus. I had three large containers of Aggie Ice Cream delivered (unfortunately, it didn't arrive on time to be served on Tuesday), and I was able to serve and talk to over 100 CEU students and some staff (who really just wanted some free dessert). I was amazed at how many students didn't even know that USU-Price existed! Well, I feel satisfied in knowing that I changed that for at least 100 people. The next efforts I'll be doing will be to write up a flier for "The top 10 reasons to stay in Price and go to USU" and then to post them around the CEU campus, in buildings, and on CEU dorm doors. USU-Ephraim gave me the idea, called "Dorm Storming." I'm hoping to see a change in at least the knowledge that USU-Price exists, and maybe even elicit some interest in going to USU-Price.

No comments: