Tuesday, January 13, 2009

JANUARY JUGGLING

Well, we are now on our second week of the semester! Tasks I've been able to accomplish these past few weeks were to: 1. print and analyze syllabi 2. send a welcome email to my students with a rundown of how to get in contact with me and what sorts of issues I can help with 3. a little homework got done - wooo! 4. planning for February's USU activity is in the near future.

If anyone has any suggestions for February's activity, I would be more than willing to hear about them! As it is, I'm planning on combining with CEU's nontraditional student chairperson. We have been thinking about putting together an activity for the students, a kind of Valentine's Day date night. The main issues we are hung up on are: 1. do we have enough funds between the two organizations? 2. can we legally offer options for free babysitting by a group of volunteers? 3. how many people can we realistically expect to attend (and consequently, how many babysitters will we realistically need to "hire"?)? If anyone has any ideas, PLEASE let me know! We really want to do this activity, but we're having a hard time of the mechanics and expectations!

I'm still trying to figure out how best to juggle the workload from my classes. It's so different this semester than it was last semester! Last semester was a lot more structured, where this semester seems to have due dates that are more sporatic and uneven. It will be interesting to see how the juggling goes and how things will fall into place.

No comments: